Each anniversary carries its symbols and suggestions for gifts. Here are those associated with the fifth wedding anniversary...
Symbols of the Fifth Wedding Anniversary
1. Traditional Gift: Wood symbolizes the strength of your marriage bond. Wood is durable and long-lasting, indicating a solidified relationship.
2. Contemporary/Modern Gift: Silverware is THE modern gift. It is a reminder of the connection the two of you formed as you shared meals with each other and your children.
3. Gemstone: Sapphire or pink tourmaline are the gems associated with this anniversary.
4. Color: Several colors are associated with the fifth anniversary, including blue, pink, or turquoise.
5. Flower: Daisy is the fifth-anniversary flower. In the language of flowers, daisies represent innocence, loyal love, I'll never tell, and purity.