Our bodies can become overwhelmed due to the volume of toxins exposed in their environment...
They enter by way of water (fluoride and other chemicals), air (chemical trails, pollution, and other toxins), food (chemicals, pesticides, preservatives, genetically modified ingredients, etc.), pharmaceuticals, and other drugs.
True healing requires detoxification of both the mind and the body. Below are 10 ways you can help your body detoxify naturally so it can flush out some of the everyday toxins to which it's exposed:
1. Start the day with a glass of spring water and the juice of one freshly squeezed lemon.
This helps flush out toxins and alkalizes the body. Alternatively, you can add a couple of tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to a glass of spring water. Hippocrates treated his patients with apple cider vinegar. He found it was a powerful cleansing and healing elixir, a naturally occurring antibiotic and antiseptic that fights germs and bacteria, for a healthier, stronger, and longer life.
Don't forget to drink plenty of water throughout the day to continue flushing out the toxins.
2. Drink freshly made vegetable juice daily.
Include lots of greens such as kale, spinach, and cilantro. I love to start my day with juice made with apples, carrots, lemon, ginger, turmeric, beetroot, kale, and cilantro. When the seasons change, some of my ingredients will also change.
3. Eliminate toxic oils from your diet.
Toxic oils can include vegetable oil, peanut oil, sunflower oil, cotton seed oil, and canola oil. Substitute with good oils, such as extra-virgin olive oil, coconut oil, avocado oil, hemp oil, and flaxseed oil. Hemp oil, for example, is a great source of omega-3s, -6s, and -9s.
4. Drink green tea and herbal teas such as dandelion, nettles, etc. These teas help the body detoxify and clear out toxins.
5. Eat more raw fruits, herbs, and vegetables. Fruit, vegetables, and herbs contain enzymes that aid digestion and improve nutrient absorption.
6. Minimize or eliminate white sugar intake. Also, avoid substitutes that contain toxic artificial sweeteners, and opt for natural versions such as stevia, honey, coconut sugar, date sugar, molasses, or maple syrup.
7. Minimize or eliminate white flour and white bread. White flour is like adding glue to the body, and it overworks the digestive system. It can cause digestive disorders, and it can make it difficult to have normal bowel movements.
Substitute white flour for other flour such as spelt flour, Kamut flour, quinoa flour, brown rice flour, buckwheat flour, or cornmeal. Switch from white bread to whole-grain bread.
8. Take a probiotic supplement.
You can also eat foods that contain live cultures, such as cultured vegetables, Greek yogurt, or kefir. The beneficial bacteria kill harmful bacteria and yeasts and help to heal the lining of the intestines.
9. Eat legumes and less meat, fish, and poultry. Legumes are a great source of protein and the fiber in beans helps keep the bowels eliminating properly.
10. Breathe deeply, walk, smile, laugh, be happy and remove toxic people from your life.
Find the positive in every day and move your body. This will all help to reduce stress and the stress chemicals in your body.