Cauliflower Steaks with Chimichurri
Yield: 4 Servings
Prep time: 10 Minutes
Cook time: 45 Minutes
Total time: 55 Minutes
For the cauliflower steaks:
1-2 heads cauliflower, about 3 Ib.
1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 tsp coarse salt
For the chimichurri:
1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 cups fresh Italian parsley leaves
3 garlic cloves
1/4 cup hot & spicy fresh oregano leaves (or regular with a large pinch of red pepper flakes)
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (or to taste)
freshly ground black pepper
serve with the remaining chimichurri at the table.
1. Combine minced garlic, parsley, and finely chop chili pepper.
2. Preheat your oven to 425°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
3. Combine salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika in a small bowl and mix.
4. Remove the outer green leaves of your cauliflower and trim the very bottom of the core. The core Slice each head into 34-1 -inch-thick slices. Depending on the size of your head of cauliflower you will get 2-3 steaks out of each cauliflower head.
5. Arrange the cauliflower slices in a single layer on the baking sheet. Brush each side with olive oil and sprinkle each side with seasoning mixture as
6. Roast the cauliflower pieces for 15 minutes. Use a large spatula to carefully flip the cauliflower steaks and resume roasting for another 10-15 minutes,
7. Top with chimichurri sauce and enjoy immediately while they’re still crisp and delicious. Yum!
Kale Salad with Carrot Ginger Dressing
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
Total Time: 40 mins
Carrot Ginger Dressing
1/2 cup chopped roasted carrots, from 3/4 cup raw carrots
1/3 to 2 cup water
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 teaspoons minced ginger
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 batch of Roasted Chickpeas
1 bunch curly kale, stems removed, leaves torn
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 small carrot, grated
1/2 cup, chickpeas (optional)*
1/2 watermelon radish, very thinly sliced
1 avocado, cubed
2 tablespoons dried cranberries
1 teaspoon sesame seeds
Sea Salt & freshly ground black pepper
1. Place the kale leaves into a large bowl and drizzle with the lemon juice,
1/2 teaspoon of olive oil, and a few pinches of salt. Use your hands to
massage the leaves until they become soft and wilted.
2. Add the carrot, watermelon radish, half of the cubed avocado, cranberries,
pepitas, salt, and a few grinds of pepper, and toss.
3. Top with the remaining avocado, and more dressing. Season to taste and serve.