Strawberry Basil Green Tea
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Servings: 6 cups
- 4 cups boiled water
- 3/4 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup chopped basil
- 4 green tea bags
- 1 tablespoon monk fruit sweetener (optional)
- 2 cups cold or room temperature water
- Additional basil, strawberries, and mint (optional)
1. Add sliced strawberries, basil, and tea bags to a bowl.
2. Add boiling water, and let all ingredients brew for 15 minutes.
3. Remove tea bags from the mixture. Strain out the berries and basil.
4. Within the strainer, muddle the strawberries to extract the last bit of juice, making sure the juice is added to the mixture.
5. Add sweetener and stir.
6. Add the remaining 2 cups of water. Let them chill for several hours, or overnight.
7. Add fresh strawberries and basil before serving.
Fresh Strawberry Jam
Total Time: 30 min
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 20 min
Yield: 2 pints
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 large lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 1/2 pints fresh strawberries, hulled and halved
1. In a heavy bottom saucepan, mix strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice.
2. stir over med-low heat until the sugar is dissolved.
3. Increase heat to med-high and bring mixture to a rolling boil.
4. Stir frequently mashing the strawberries as you stir, continuing to boil until the jam is thickened, and bubbles completely cover the surface of the jam. (about 10 minutes).
5. Transfer jam to a jar and let cool to room temperature.
6. Seal jars and store them in the refrigerator.
Strawberry Cheesecake Tarts
Read in: 15mins
Yield: 12 tarts
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- V2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup fresh sliced strawberry
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 12 packaged prepared graham cracker tart shells (about 3 1/2 inches in diameter)
- 2/3 cup strawberry preserves
1. Combine cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, and lemon peel in a small bowl.
2. Beat until smooth.
3. Spread evenly into tart shells.
4. Top with sliced strawberries, pressing into cream cheese mixture slightly.
5. Refrigerate for about 4 hours.
6. Before serving, spread the strawberry preserves evenly over the filling.
“Optional: Drizzle melted chocolate over top!